Frequently Asked Questions
What is the $ goal for the Building Initiative?
$8.5 Million (includes contingency funds)
Why are there two phases for the Building Initiative?
Our first phase, “Walk of Faith” was a successful campaign. The second phase, “Future + Hope” enabled new members to participate, as well as members who were not able to participate in “Walk of Faith.” We continue to welcome donors that would like to participate in phase 2 as we look to meeting our total goal.
Will those who donate to the Building Initiative be acknowledged?
Yes, donors have been recognized with a Legacy Tile ($2,400) and Foundational Tile ($10,000. Our “Wall of Gratefulness" is still in progress.
What will the new building have?
There are several phases to the Building Project:
- Makai Parking Lot Paving (Completed)
- The Mauka Annex Meeting Rooms (Completed)
- New Entrance & Lobby (Completed)
- Fire Sprinkler Retrofit & Upgrade (Completed)
- New Hope Cafe & Coffee (Completed)
- New Bookstore (Completed)
- New Mezzanine Balcony (Completed)
- Demolition of the Annex (Completed)
- New Three Level Parking Structure (232 stalls, In progress)
Is there a Building Committee?
Yes, we have a Building Committee comprised of engineers, contractors, planning & permitting experts, property managers, operations people, and the general contractor.
When will construction start and end?
- The Makai Parking Lot has been paved. Now known as Makai Parking Lot
- Construction of the new Ministry Center entrance, coffee shop, cafe, and bookstore has been completed.
- Fire Sprinkler Retrofit & Upgrade has been completed.
- Demolition of the annex is in progress.
- Building of new parking structure is in progress. Final permitting was completed in Fall 2022. Demolition and excavation work through Fall of 2022. Drill shafts, structure, and finish work - 2023 through 2024.
Is there a master plan?
Yes. For additional information please contact Jennifer Koki at
How can I help?
We are seeking additional donations to meet our total fundraising goal which includes contingency funds. Donations would be highly appreciated. Prayers for the permitting process and a smooth construction process would be a blessing.
Who do I call if I have questions?
Contact Jennifer Koki, (808) 842-4242 x110, or
give to building initiative