See Me... See HIM!
- Number of times "witnessing" in the Bible _______
- Number of times "witness(es)" in the Bible _______
We are to be like JESUS.
"For those He foreknew He predestined to be conformed into the image of His Son..." (Rom. 8:29)
- Jesus was a WITNESS.
"Grace and peace to you from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness." (Rev. 1:4-5)
- Our call is to be WITNESSES...like Him.
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
"Witnesses" - MARTUS: One who is killed, or gives their life because of their beliefs or convictions. Root of our English word "martyr".
To be a witness biblically means that when people see ME, they see HIM!
An Example: DANIEL
"Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell prostrate before Daniel and paid him honor and ordered that an offering and incense be presented to him. The king said to Daniel, 'Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.'" (Dan. 2:46-47)
What did Nebuchadnezzar see because of Daniel's witness????
- God of gods: THE FATHER. (Deut. 10:17)
- Lord of kings: THE SON. (Rev. 19:16)
- Revealer of mysteries: THE HOLY SPIRIT. (John 16:12-13)
- NEBUCHADNEZZAR SAW THE TRINITY!!!!
Can people really see me and See HIM?!